HOW DO HABITS CHANGE?
There is unfortunately no specific set of steps guaranteed to work for every person but for sure, we know habits cannot be eradicated but can be replaced.
Habit is a three step process. Cue, routine and reward process. If we keep the same cue and the same reward, we can insert a new routine.
But that is not enough. For a habit to change, people must believe change is possible. Most often that change comes with the help of a group.
If you want to quit a bad habit – smoking, drinking, sex addiction, hot tempers, and all forms of addiction… Figure out a different routine that will satisfy the graving fuelled by the stimulus. Then, find a support group, a collection of other former addicts or people who are free from it. This group can be a community of as few as two. They will help you believe you can stay away from the addiction. Contact them when you feel you going to stumble.
The evidence is clear. If you want to change a habit, you must find an alternative routine and your odds of success go up dramatically when you commit to changing as part of a group..
Remember, believe is essential, and it grows out of a communal experience even if that community is as large as two.
We know change can happen. We also know change is a factor of determination and effort. It’s not going to be so easy to change without these two factors. Remember, when there is no will, there is will power. You will become who you will to become if you will to become.
Whatever a man saweth, also shall he reap.
The amount of money you gonna receive is in direct ratio to:
1. The need of what you do.
2. The ability to do it.
3. The difficulty there is in replacing you.
– This is a law worth a million when fully understood. It is however violated by many, especially those who do enough to get by, just so they don’t get fired and the company just pays them enough so they don’t quit.
– when you become very effective at what you do, you will become very difficult to get replaced. When you perform every task to your best, you bring out the best that is in you. It is key to understand that you have infinite potential. Only you can limit yourself. Remember always that you are an incredible person.
You get back exactly what you put in. You put a Lot, you get back a lot.
The law of compensation is based on what you do. Put the energy out there, put the full efforts. Get better at what you are doing. Say! ” I am going to get better at what am doing ” and your whole world will get better. Get better in your thoughts, association, vocabulary and control of you. If you can take control, control how you control your self control in every action.
What is in a meeting?
In a quest to understand what makes a good and effective meeting, I took time to dig into what Larry Page – CEO google had to say. I chose to study him for we all know how effective google is.
After Larry took over as Google’s CEO, he limited most meetings to 10 attendees and pushed managers to outline clear vision before scheduling a gathering. He also talks about how rapid decision making is integral to becoming and staying a great company. Decisions should never wait for a meeting. If it’s critical that a meeting takes place before a decision is made, then that meeting should happen right away. This correspond to what Andrew Carnegie, the first billionaire said – Successful people make decisions quickly and don’t change them quickly.
Here are the five things that makes an effective meeting.
“1. Every decision oriented meeting should have a decision maker. If it doesn’t have, then the meeting must not take place.
2. Meetings should consist of no more than 10 people, and everyone who attends should provide input. If someone doesn’t provide input, they shouldn’t be there.
3. Being punctual is important.
4. Preparing for meeting is key. Every meeting should have an outline agenda and goal. All this should be communicated upfront, so that people can come prepared.. If the material isn’t prepared, the meeting shouldn’t happen.
5. A meeting is about sharing information and having a discussion with a clear objective in mind. A meeting without an objective should not happen. ”
Almost every good progress comes from an effective meeting for it is in an effective meeting that what Paulzine would call a “Composite mind” is created. It is this mind that generates creativity, innovation and deep solutions.
One day when you are a leader, when you lead or call for a meeting, remember this list.
Sometimes it’s just Interesting learning some great truths, they wow your mind and make you feel different once you learn and apply them. Here is a list of some beautiful truths .
1. We are beings of power, intelligence and love. We are the lords of our thoughts. We hold the key to every situation. I repeat, every situation. With this key, we can make and do what we will.
2. Every act is a blossom of thought. Joy and suffering are the fruits. Man has the choice to choose. All forms of positive thoughts which includes all the virtues bring joy while all forms of negative thoughts and vibration including all vices lead to suffering.
” Thought in the mind hath made us,
What we are by thought was wrought and build,
If man’s mind hath evil thoughts,
Pain comes on him as wheel the ox behind…
If one endure in purity of thought,
Joy follow him as shadow ”
3. Character is the complete sum of all thoughts. By abuse and wrong application of thought, man descends below the beast. But by right choice, man ascends to Godliness and develops Godlike character.
4. Good thoughts are not a result of chance or favor. They are a result of continued effort in the right thinking, the effect of long cherished association with Godlike thoughts. Ignoble character, that’s below the beast is a result of harbouring grovelling thoughts…
4. Man is the master of thought, the moulder of character and the maker and shaper of condition, environment and destiny.
5. One becomes the master of himself only when he learns he is a creature of inside condition and not outside. That he is a creative power and he can command the hidden thoughts of which circumstances grow. Practice of self control leads to a controlled life. Change in circumstances is always in exact ratio to change in mental condition.
7. We all attract what we secretly harbour, what we love and what we fear.
Finally, I love the law of the farm and would love to remind you this morning. The law of the farm states, “You reap exactly what you sow ” Good thoughts bear good fruits and bad thoughts bear bad fruits. A little effort bears little results. Extraordinary effort bears extraordinary results. Nature will never allow every effort go without an equivalent reward.
Good day. Cheers 😊
Definiteness of purpose.
Your progress to success begins with a fundamental question. Where are you going? 98% never really determine their goals and start towards them. Beware, every successful person had a major definite purpose.
Your definite purpose should be more than a mare wish. It should be a burning desire.
Steps to definiteness of purpose.
1. Know, I repeat, know what you want from life.
2. Be determined to the point it becomes an obsession or a driving force or a burning desire.
3. Back up the desire with a continued effort.
4. Add sound planning to continuous effort.
5. Think, think big, think new and think again.
Strive to learn how to use the tremendous potential of your mind and how to organize knowledge you have. You can turn them into power necessary for obtaining your definite purpose.
I will fail my way to success, I will not pack my life even amidst challenges. As long as my battery is on, I will keep on.
Have a good day. Cheers😊
I have come to realize that at the base of success, there is one basic stone that if it’s missing, success may not be a reality.
“On the best sunny day, the most powerful magnifying glass will not light paper if you keep moving the glass. But if you focus and hold it, the paper will light up. That is the power of concentration.
A man was traveling and stopped at an intersection. He asked an elderly man, “Where does this road take me?” The elderly person asked, “Where do you want to go?” The man replied, “I don’t know.” The elderly person said, “Then take any road. What difference does it make?”
How true. When we don’t know where we are going, any road will take us there.
Suppose you have all the football eleven players, enthusiastically ready to play the game, all charged up, and then someone took the goal post away. What would happen to the game? There is nothing left. How do you keep score? How do you know you have arrived?
Enthusiasm without direction is like wildfire and leads to frustration. Goals give a sense of direction. Would you sit in a train or a plane without knowing where it was going? The obvious answer is no. Then why do people go through life without having any goals?”
Thoughts become things,
Thoughts seek their partner in real life,
Thoughts become actions,
Thoughts become reality.
Think big and you will be big,
Think lilliputian and you will achieve little,
Think great and you will be great,
Think positive and you will be positive.
Thoughts attract what you desire,
Desire what is best, good and quality,
Quality gives a good feeling and joy,
Change thoughts, change circumstances.