10 major causes of failure in leadership.
The following are the major faults of leaders who fail.
1. Inability to organize and master details. No genuine leader is too busy to do anything required of him in his capacity as a leader. Anyone who complain to be too busy admits his inefficiency.
2. Unwillingness to render humble service. “The greatest among yeah all shall be the servant of all”
3. Expectations of pay for what they know instead of what they do with what they know. This is why you should not let learning lead to knowledge. You’ll become a fool. Let learning lead to action.
4. Fear of competition from followers. If you fear, soon, your fears become a reality. Paulzine would say, ” fear is driven out of the door when one does his homework well.”
5. Lack of imagination. Without imagination, the leader is incapable of meeting emergency and creating plans which to guide his followers efficiently.
7. Intemperance. Intemperance in all its forms destroys the endurance and vitality of all who indulge in it.
8. Disloyalty. Disloyalty marks on as being lower than dust. It should be on top of the list. It’s one of the major causes of failure in all walks of life.
9. Emphasis on authority of leadership. Leaders lead by trying first themselves.
10. Emphasis on title. Competent leaders need no title to give him respect of his followers.
Today, aim to be a good competent leader, first to yourself then to others.