Success Today Key points.
– Always have a compelling reason to do something, for being somewhere. What reason do you have to be where you are, are you just waiting to be pushed like a wheelbarrow. Sit down and think what you want to achieve. Make sure you have a compelling strong reason.
– Have a burning desire, something eating you up, something that is pushing you. You can have a reason but without a desire, you can do nothing. Think, have the desire that will make you not sleep. Have a burning desire always to do something great. People who succeed are people who have a desire, people who have made a decision to do something great, something that is not like a walk in the park, a desire to excel, a desire to succeed, a desire to be persistent in the set goals, a desire not to bend principles, a great big desire. What is your desire? A desire to have a good better and awesome tomorrow.
– Have the discipline. Discipline makes you do things that are hard otherwise. Discipline to say no to what you know is wrong, discipline to move away from the sheep, discipline to do first things first, discipline to delay gratification, discipline to behave well, discipline to do the right thing. Its discipline that takes you to places. However, keep your discipline constant, even when no one is watching. Have the discipline to forfeit short term gratification. You are lost without discipline.
– Never give up. Always keep your Hope, don’t succumb to hopelessness. Learn to handle No. Have the fighting spirit. Remember, perseverance never loses. Most often we lose hope when we are just about to succeed. I was born a Victor, I will die a victor but never a victim. I will die a star. I may have scars but I’ll be a star.
– Born as first born in a polygamous family of five wives with many siblings. He is left to be bread winner to all after the dad passed away… But he never became a failure. He worked hard, passed well and went to Moi to do computer science. He graduates became an IBM manager in Kenya, goes on to be the IBM manager in East Africa then the LENOVO manager in Africa Region, then an mp and now the cabinet Secretary. It takes persistence to win.