What makes a good life? A success life?
When we get out of your room going to work, or your hostel going for a lecture, or your home, What is your big picture? What are you always going to look for in life? Is it an expression of life, big house in the future, good family, good car or a well paying job or contract? For sure all that does not matter much. The big picture is always a good life.
We always must ask ourself what a good life entail then go out knowing our big aim. Whatever is in the list of what makes life good, should be done more often if not daily. Take for example going on a picnic with your family. I used to enjoy a lot going for a nature sabbath. Interesting enough, I realized many people too like doing the same, especially when stressed up or after some good well done work. It does us good to always do that which makes us happy. In other words, strive to stay happy every second
So what does a good life entail?
1. Productivity. There is always happiness, joy and a good feeling in production. How does it feel to sleep all day? Or stay in bed for more than 18 hours resting? . The game of life is not rest. Yes, we must rest, but only long enough to gather strength to get back to being productive. Maybe this is why you will always find billionaires still working and not just going some place and spend all their time lazying around. We have different seasons, deferent talents, different hobbies and interests. Why? Its so we can see what we can do. We fail this season but the next should bring hope. Hope to try your hand once again to see what you can do.
2. Good friends. Who can dispel fear more than a friend? Who can change you more than a friend? Who can unearth the joy deep in you when you are down or angry or disappointed or angry more than a friend? Friendship is probably the greatest support system in the world, so don’t deny yourself the time to develop it. Nothing can match it. It’s extraordinary in its benefit. Remember whatever is beneficial takes time and is worth effort. Know and understand the kind of friend you keep.
Friends are those wonderful people who know all about you and still like you. They could be casual or real. Rarely will you note the difference though. Always keep them both as long as they add value to your life and make you happy.
3. Culture. Culture define most often our values. Language, music, ceremonies, traditions, dress and even discipline. Its vital to keep up with our cultures. Don’t look at someones else lifestyle or culture and strive for it. It doesn’t make a good life. The uniqueness of all of us, when blended together, brings vitality, energy, power, influence, and rightness to the world. Be happy with your culture and live it to the best.
4. Family. Why would your parents invest in you? Why would they always call to say hi? Why would they be there in every step you make or in every situation or always there for you? Learn to invest in them, and they’ll invest in you. Inspire them, and they’ll inspire you. Take good care of them and they will take good care of you. Spend your time with them, call even if for a few minutes. Its the special thing. Don’t miss the opportunity. Remember there is no greater value than love, nothing makes life more beautiful than love.
5. Spirituality. Spirituality too define our morals. Its what makes the difference between human beings and cattle or dogs or birds. Someone once said we all have a space in our hearts that has to be filled with God. We always feel empty without Him in our lives. Another one said no one has ever found the truth nor claim to be the truth, only Jesus is the truth. The world is looking for the truth without knowing but if we know the truth, it will set us free. We will be happy with a good life.
6. Go experience. It is vital to always strive to live a vital life that is don’t miss out. Visit places, try your hobbies, work on your talents, do businesses, learn, go to church, attend a concert like a motivational concert or a music concert. Do all that makes you feel good as long as it is the right thing to do.
So make sure in your busy day to remember the true purpose and the reasons you do what you do. May you truly live the kind of life that will bring the fruit and rewards that you desire.